Friday, August 19, 2016

Long, LONG, Time...NO see

Wow! Almost 3 years since I last blogged.  So much has changed since then.
I now work full time and I have boys in  high school, middle school and elementary schools.
I wish I blogged during the work transition because it was  a crazy time for me. Year one was part time so it wasn't that bad. I had my mornings to clean, run errands or make appointments. I loved being with the kids though and felt good being back in the game.
The following year, I was offered the opportunity to get a two year old program off the ground. My prior experience was with 3's and Pre-K. Needless, to say I was scared and excited all wrapped up into one! With my own boys growing up way too fast, I've found that I'm really enjoying my "babies" . I went from working part time to working full days and that was the hardest adjustment for me. When I worked full time with my older boys, we left early in the morning, but came home to playtime, dinner, baths, story and bed. Easy peasy! Now, I come home to homework,making dinner, sports, CRE, meetings...what I wouldn't give to have those easy evenings again!
Anyway, my first year as a twos teacher was a lot of work. I was starting a classroom and program from the ground up.  Alot of the time I felt in over my head. I had a pretty small group and a wonderful assistant teacher so looking back, it was an awesome year. Last year, my wonderful assistant retired, so as the new school year was approaching,  I was looking at a larger, younger group and 3 new assistants. Again, I felt some uneasiness since I wasn't sure how it was all going to work out. By the grace of God and lots of laughs, we made it through the year. I now consider these ladies, not just coworkers, but my friends.
It's August and I'm headed into my third year of twos. I'm feeling  much more confident and I'm excited to tackle a new school year.
Now, remind me to blog in a month after the first week of school and see how I'm feeling then ;)
         R, S & L   soon to be 10th, 7th and 3rd graders
         Holy cow, they are growing up waaaayyyy too fast!

No comments: