Thursday, February 7, 2013

Where Am I? I need a GPS for Life

I am going to be 40 this year.
I never really cared about the number until New Years 2013 when the realization hit me...I'm going to be 40 this year. Oh CRAP! I know it's just a number, but something about that number makes me think, what have I done with my life and where am I going in the next 40 years?

For as long as I can remember, I always wanted to be a teacher and a mom. In my School Days  record book, from Kindergarten on, every year...teacher/mom, teacher/mom, teacher/mom...you get the point.  Well, I did become a teacher and I did become a mom. I had a wonderful 11 years teaching  in various day cares/preschool settings. I also had two amazing little boys and had the blessing to take them to work with me while I was teaching. It was perfect...the best of both worlds! It was tough being a working mom, but then my toughest job came when I stopped teaching to a stay at home with the kids...and  became mom to another amazing little boy. It was an adjustment to being home and having a newborn again, but eventually, we fell into the groove of life.

I think life has been in autopilot for awhile now.

L is starting full day Kindergarten next year which means I have the whole day BY MYSELF!!! Now what do I do? Go back to teaching? I feel like I've lost my mojo. I was a really good teacher and I loved my job. I just don't know if I really want to back to it. That makes me sad.  All I wanted was to be a teacher and a mom. How could I do anything different? How can I BE anything different?

Now, I am at the crossroads. Blogging, crafting, being creative is what makes me happy now. If I could just make some money at it, I'd be golden. I know it is possible and I am willing to put the work in to make it a reality, but part of me is still scared. What if this isn't the person I am supposed to be?

I'm going to use this blog as a platform to expand some ideas and  explore new opportunities.  Time to open up and put it all out there (which is what inspired me to blog in the first place!)  I'm ready to find a new groove with life...so if you're reading, hang on and enjoy the ride with me!

******JUST A DISCLAIMER********
This pseudo midlife crisis will not result in a new 20 something boy toy...a fast, expensive sports car...or plastic surgery with new bodyparts :)

No comments: